Search This Blog

10/7/14

Woo-Woo Stuff - Call me Cornflower



10/7/14 - A discussion with friends earlier this week brought to mind this drawing given to me by a reader in the 90's. The reader said I was Cornflower from the Ute tribe in a previous life and this is the picture she drew.  The writing at the bottom reads: 
"I follow you, me, we are all part of grandfather Ute tribe, many times good, bad and wonderful.  Now I teach you what I failed to learn about life. Yes, oh, we are dancers."

The discussion that prompted this posting happened when my friend recounted her dream of being given the name "Country Mist" by a Native American during a dream.  Aren't dreams fun!

About 10 years ago, I also encountered a Native American Chief during a meditation/shamanic journey to the upper world.  My vision took place while walking along what appeared to be the rim of a golden castle.  The path was gold, everything was gold until I saw this chief  in full regalia standing directly in front of me.  I waited, and waited for some info, acknowledgement, anything.  Finally, I burst out with "Why won't you talk to me?"  His reply, "There is wisdom in silence." 

I've never forgotten those words.  Sometimes I don't follow the advice or practice the silence (which I assume to be meditation).   I recognize the profoundness of that simple statement.  I was reminded of it again the other day when I saw this quote: You never learn anything while you are talking.

In addition to advice, I came away from that shamanic journey with the name of "Stands Tall" as my Indian Guide. 

As far as Cornflower, well I loved Utah (a home of the Utes) when I visited, long to go back. Herbs are also a passion of mine.  The note below says the genus is drived from the Centaur, Chiron , who taught mankind the healing virtue of herbs.  Further note on Cornflower from Botanical.com :

Centaurea Cyanus, the Cornflower, with its star-like blossoms of brilliant blue, is one of our most striking wild-flowers, though it is always looked on as an unwelcome weed by the farmer, for not only does it by its presence withdraw nourishment from the ground that is needed for the corn, 'but its tough stems in former days of hand-reaping were wont to blunt the reaper's sickle, earning it the name of 'Hurt Sickle':
    
'Thou blunt'st the very reaper's sickle and so
In life and death becom'st the farmer's foe.'
 
The Latin name, Cyanus, was given the Cornflower after a youthful devotee of the goddess Flora (Cyanus), whose favourite flower it was, and the name of the genus is derived from the Centaur, Chiron, who taught mankind the healing virtue of herbs.
It has long been cultivated as a garden plant, in several colours as well as white. C. montana, a perennial form, is frequent in gardens.





No comments:

Post a Comment