Search This Blog

10/23/14

Just another day.......

s
October 23, 2014 - I started the day by taking a load of scrap metal (old barbeque grill, 2 buckets full of old screws rusty items) to the Pendleton scrap yard.  I received $19.80.....not bad.

Then, I shopped around Anderson for groceries, a few items at Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, lunch at Arby's, and also took a book back to the library.  By the time I got home it was 3 PM.  I made some pumpkin bars from a mix purchased at Big Lots, just ok.  Best thing about the bars is the cream cheese icing I used on them.

Going to the grocery puts me in a bad mood.  Too many choices, i.e. toilet paper.  It comes in huge packages double rolls, one ply, two ply, waffle weave, with aloe, without aloe - the choices go on and on.  Then, prices - 3 for 5.55, buy 5 get $1 back  etc, etc etc.  Wouldn't it be nice if they just marked the price of an item, no stipulations, no special card prices?

 So, home in a bad mood, exhausted from trying to figure out prices, thinking of taking a nap but started to do a little herb harvesting instead.  Picked some sage, parsley, tobacco and catmint  then hung them up to dry.  I had help from Lilu.  She rubbed on her piece of catnip, ate several leaves and is licking her paws while laying on the last little piece.  In the crate I have some tiny little gourds and a few loofa gourds.  There is also a jar with sea oats.  I noticed how much better I felt after spending time outside with the plants.  Much better than the depressing trip for groceries. Ahhhhhhhh, glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment