Search This Blog

10/19/14

October 19, 2014

October 19. 2014 - Thank you, Menards, for always remembering my birthday (October 9).  This year's gift was a 4 in 1 wooden-handled screwdriver.  Pretty nice!

Last night was a trip to Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis for a pre-season Basketball game.  Really not much action until the last quarter when the Pacers finally pulled ahead and won the game.  One of my favorite players Louis Scola was not present.  A trip to Bankers Life reminds me of a lady I know who is an usher for the fieldhouse.  If I lived in Indianapolis, I think that would be a good retirement job. Pay is $10 an hour.  You are able to pick the days you want to work, within reason.  They do expect you to work the Pacer games.  Do you realize the Pacers play 84 games a season?  Half of those are home games.  Randy and I used to go to the Fever games during the summer.  So, always something going on at that place, lots of work.

More sports - Today I  watched the Colts win!  I am becoming a real sports fan since there is nothing much else available on TV. 

My only other accomplishment for today is giving Lilu, the cat, a good dose of flea protection.  I guess I will be taking her to the vet soon, checking her all out and moving her on into the house.  I don't know where else she will hang out in the really cold weather ahead.  :(((

No comments:

Post a Comment