On Friday 11/19/14, I attended a cocktail party at the Columbia Club located right on Monument Circle in Indianapolis. The event was a Christmas Party for Investors - in this case Randy. We met in the room at the left - of course on Friday it was decorated for Christmas (I should have taken some pics. This is from the internet.) We had free drinks available and 3 tables of various hor d'oeuvres, i.e. shrimp, oysters, chips, cheese, pound cake cubes with chocolate carmel sauce, nuts, taco chips with cheese sauce, another type of spicy cinnamon chip, rolls for the prime beef slices, and strangely enough they served mashed sweet potatoes or regular potatoes in sundae cups offering toppings of brown sugar, pecans, marshmallows, grated cheese, green onions, sour cream. There were artichokes in phyllo dough and other items I am sure I missed. After an hour of socializing the party was taken outside for a walk to the Hilbert Circle Theatre also located on the Circle. Showing there was the IPL Yuletide Celebration. I really enjoyed this show! A description of the event is below. Our seats were center and about 10 rows up - really great seats! There was such a variety of acts and performances. Again, it was wonderful. So good, I would even consider going at my own expense sometime! My only regret was I didn't go out at intermission and get a free Christmas Cookie and sample of Wassail! It would be a good event for kids too. Lots of characters available for photos.
In its 29th year on the Hilbert Circle Theatre stage, IPL Yuletide Celebration continues to be Indiana's greatest holiday tradition. Renowned soprano, Angela Brown, and Broadway star, Ben Crawford, return to co-host this year's performances and will be joined by ISO artists-in-residence, Time for Three, Music Director Jack Everly, a brilliant cast of Broadway's best singers and dancers and, of course, your beloved Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
- Last year, Disney's Frozen stole our hearts, and now we're bringing the music to life on the Yuletide stage! The cast performs songs from this instant classic, including "Let It Go" and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman," among others, in a tribute to Frozen!
- The Yuletide Jukebox is back, featuring a medley of pop holiday tunes such as the Jackson Five's rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" and Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You."
- Don't forget the Yuletide traditions, including the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, There is a Santa Claus and, of course, our Tap Dancing Santas!
New this year! Limited VIP seating is now available. VIP tickets can be purchased for $250 each and include:
- Reserved parking on Monument Circle just steps from Hilbert Circle Theatre,
- Cookies and Wassail brought to your seats prior to the show and during intermission,
- And a Meet and Greet with an IPL Yuletide Celebration cast member after the performance.