The many amazing health benefits of Turmeric include:
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic
- Powerful analgesic for inflammatory pain
- Boosts the immune system
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Liver detoxifier
- Regulates metabolism
- Beneficial for skin conditions
- Promotes healthy cholesterol levels
- Improves brain function and reduces risk of brain disease
- May slow the progression of Alzheimer’s
- May lower risk of heart disease
Golden Milk Paste
1/2 c water, 1/4 cup turmeric. Stir 7-10 minutes over gentle heat until thick. Can be stored up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
2 c coconut milk 1 tsp chopped ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp - 1 TBsp turmeric paste
1 tsp coconut oil 1 pinch stevia
Simmer 10 minutes on low. Strain to rid of peppercorns and ginger. Makes 2 cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Drink immediately.
_______________________Recipes from Wellness Mama_______________________________
Golden Paste: 1/2 cup organic turmeric powder
1/2 cup clean water (no fluoride)
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
5 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil
In a stainless steel pot cook together: Water, turmeric and black pepper until it forms a thick paste, stir and cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add virgin coconut oil, using a whisk to fully mix in the coconut oil. Finally, transfer to a glass jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
Golden Milk: 1 tsp. Golden Paste
2 cups Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
1/8 teaspoon Vanilla (Optional)
Molasses to taste.
Pinch cinnamon (Optional)
In a stainless steel pot-gently heat, but do not boil, milk with 1 teaspoon paste. Use whisk
Add molasses and vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Ingredients for Turmeric Tea Golden Milk Recipe
2 cups of milk of choice (almond, pecan, coconut and dairy all work in this recipe)
- First, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then, Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
How to Make a Dry Turmeric Tea Mix
If you’d rather not mix up the spices each time, you can easily make a mixture of the spices and just add to warmed milk when ready.
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne (optional)