Search This Blog

9/29/15

New knitting project - Supernatural Mystery MKAL

9/29/15 - In a few more days the first clue will be available for my latest knitting project - Supernatural MKAL by Shannon Sanchez.   The link describes how a mystery pattern works.  I am excited to get started.  Working with a group of other people on the same project inspires me to "keep up".  I also love seeing the results achieved with all the different yarns being used by the other participants.  I love all the variegated and bright colorful yarns but chose a silver grey solid for this project.  From the clues offered in the description, I think there will be a design/symbol on the shawl and I want it to stand out by using a solid color, picture at right.  My yarn is called Cool Gray by Loops and Threads, Woolike brand.  I am a self-taught knitter.  I never know if I can even do the project so I purchased an inexpensive yarn.  It was only $2.98 a skein. 



 I am hoping the shawl will feature the Sun Symbol containing a PENTACLE or PENTAGRAM (FIVE-POINTED STAR pointing up): A standard symbol for witches, freemasons, and many other pagan or occult groups. To witches, it represent the four basic elements (wind, water, earth and fire) plus a pantheistic spiritual being such as Gaia or Mother Earth. The pentagram is also "used for protection. to banish energy, or to bring it to you, depending on how it's drawn."
  Time will tell.  Below are more Supernatural Protective Symbols.  I have watched the show off and on.  Now that I am working on this shawl, I will make it a point to view the program.



No comments:

Post a Comment