Search This Blog

9/22/15

I heard a "Good Job".................................

9/22/2015 - Barn painting is coming right along.  I also got the eaves cleaned out on the south side. Picture at left is an idea of how high I have to go to accomplish this task.  Even that wouldn't be too bad, but it is so hard to position the heavy ladder in that little space above those large windows. Today, I got the Lost Woods sign removed from the implement shed.  Painter is power washing that barn today.

I have a couple days off coming up so I will get the plexiglass over the top inside window tomorrow.  As you can see in the right photo, it is more ladder work!

Last night I was put on the pharmacy side door of Wal-Mart as a greeter from 8:30 til 10 pm.  I caught me a thief!  We were told to be sure and check receipts for any items that were not in a sack.  Well, this lady starts out the door with one little crumpled sack containing a box of something and the rest of the cart was filled with BIG items.........too big for the regular sack.  Cart was heaping with containers of laundry soap, huge container of Downy, cartons of coke, etc - you get the idea.  All kinds of things in BIG boxes!  I asked the lady for her receipt.  She replies, "Oh, my husband has it.  He is still in the store, blah, blah, blah......"  I say, "Ma'm, I can't let you out of the store without a receipt for this stuff."  To make a long story short, she heads out of the store, leaving the cart.  Items in there totaled over $200!  I finally got a "Good Job" comment from the Wal-Mart employers.

So, now I need to get to the license branch and renew my plates. 


No comments:

Post a Comment