Search This Blog

7/23/15

Preparing for an Herb Day

7/23/15 - Not much going on today.  I plan to finally get my Coneflower "Cheyenne Spirit" planted in the herb garden along with some English Lavender.  Of course, there is mowing to finish.  I am getting ready to attend a workshop on Saturday at the Green Turtle Botanical Sanctuary in Nashville, IN.  We will be making an herbal salve and tonic.  Also gathering lots of herbs.  I hope she hands out some live ones, too.  The comfrey and feverfew I have growing at the farm is from a workshop I attended with the same lady prior to 1995. 

I never realized the coneflowers came in so many colors!  This plant has yellow as well as a pretty salmon color bloom.  I'm not sure but one of the traditional purple may also be included.  I got three of these plants and gave one to my friend Ann and one to my friend Debbie........these were in remembrance   of out trip to Mounds State Park to look for Puk-Wud-Jies!

At right, is the tractor tire trying to come off.  It is all fixed now and only cost $16!   Going out now to start some mowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment