Search This Blog

7/19/15

A day of ups and downs - mostly downs!

My day started out enjoyably enough, then...............
July 17, 2015 - The day started off great.  I sat on the balcony, read several chapters of "Burn" by Linda Howard and worked a couple suduko puzzles.  Then, I decided instead of being lazy, I should go into town and get diesel fuel for my tractor and start the "hours" of  weekly mowing.  I stopped at Kroger for gas, rested my wallet on top of the car while filling the gas can.  Of course, although I had commented to myself that putting my billfold on top of the car was a stupid thing to do, I did it anyway and also drove away with it on top of the car.  I went to Taco Bell for a Carmel Apple Empanada, took a jog past Wal-Mart to check the flowers, went to Kohl's to see what was on sale, returned to Wal-Mart to purchase a few of the perennials that were on sale.  It was then that I realized my billfold was missing!  I retraced my route, checked with the station attendant, and stopped at the bank to cancel my cards!  Anyway, to make a long story short, someone did find my wallet and came to my house once, left a note,  came back again and returned it - everything intact!  Including my $95, a $50 Macy's gift card, $25 Panera card.  I offered him my 2 twenty dollar bills, he wouldn't take that but finally agreed to take a $20 for gas and time -------------  so happy to give it to him.

I hadn't been mowing when I got home because I was pouting about losing my billfold.  After I got it back, I decided I should go out to mow and promptly drove right out of my front tire.  I guess the tire had leaked enough air (I've had that problem with it before) that it came right off the rim.

I went inside, vowing to do nothing the rest of the day except put away a few clothes from the dryer.  That is when I knocked over the small glass bottle full of bleach and broke it all over the utility room floor.

I left that, went back outside and thought perhaps I should jack-up the tractor and get the metal rim off the rubber.  That went okay.  

But now I get a text from my neighbor, "Can you help, call me."  She was at Meijers grocery and had locked her keys in the car.  Her frozen food was melting!.  Meijers is only about 5 miles from me, so I gladly went after her and her frozen items, got them home, got the spare key and returned her to Meijers to get her car.

It wasn't until the next day that I noticed I had left the gas cap off the tractor after putting in the fuel!  I did search around the barn lot and found the cap.  Yeah!

It was also the next day when my kitty, Lilu died.  I only had her about a year after she was left behind by the renter.  He said she was about 10.  I found out that she had kitty HIV when I took her to the vet for a rattle in her chest and shots.  There wasn't much they could do for her.  She got a couple shots at different times, she would perk up and feel better for awhile, but she finally quit eating and couldn't go anymore.  RIP Lilu, Lulu, Dodah, Doodie ----all the names I called my little buddy, the purringest cat I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment