Search This Blog

8/15/09

Yard things. . . .& Why I shop at the Goodwill. . . .


I put together this photo collage with a couple of the "yard things" I've been working on. There are two pictures of the bowling ball with pennies in place. I am supposed to fill in with rust colored grout. I haven't done that part because I am enjoying seeing the ball in my yard. It really looks pretty with the sun reflecting on the shiny pennies. Grout directions suggest that you keep it dry for 21 days so I'll get to that part a little later. Also pictured are some plant markers made from twigs. They will be finished as soon as I add a coat of polyurethane to protect them from the weather. I've also made two vine wreaths (not in the pic) from materials in the woods. The neighbor is cutting the downed timber for firewood and said he would bring me some more vines for crafting. There are tons of vines in the back, but some are hard to get out of the trees so I'll let Jeff know I am ready for more.
As for how things have been going at the Shangrala. . . . same ole, same ole. Last week the mower belt came off the big mower and jamed in the pulleys. The belt was $115 and another $100 to have the new one installed. Today I was putting on the bush hog and noticed the front tractor tire was low on air again. Think it was just a couple of weeks ago I had to have someone help me with that$$. They seemed to think it was a leaky valve stem and replaced it, but still leaking - only 5# of pressure today . . .let's see. . . . Oh, I poked my eye with my thumbnail (just being clumsy) and was kind of out of commission with a scratched cornea for a couple days. I've got my summer fill ordered from the propane people.......600 gallons at $1.41 - can't wait for that bill! Then, I had a lawyer fee and they are still adjusting and changing my farm insurance ($1,500 - 1,700)....Jeesh! I guess I am just tallying this stuff up so my brain will realize where all my money is going. Hope I have enough left to pay farm property taxes. . . . .always used to pay in May and November....but now they like to hand out that bill (around $4000 for me) in one big payment instead of two. Oh well, it's painful either way.
I'm halting this blog for today before I get suicidial!!!! Some days the Don't Worry! Be Happy! philosophy is a little more difficult than others.
Better throw in an affirmation: Nothing but goodness lies before me. (No sarcastic thoughts or laughing out loud. . . .Louise Hay said this worked for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment