Search This Blog

7/22/09

Devils Claw. . . .

I purchased this plant called a Devils Claw at the Garden Club auction. This link http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/333/ has a lot more info on the plant which is described from noxious weed to fun plant. Other names applied to the plant include "Unicorn Plant" and "Devils Snot". . . . .Well, I bought it and I'm going to plant it and see what happens.
I've been having my share of everyday problems. For example, roof leaking in Aurora, termites back in Aurora, no peaches on the tree this year, broke a contact lens, washed my new cell phone, renter had 3 loads of gravel delivered on his drive (aka as costing me another $864 - on top of the $2,300 pump fiasco; I guess the fact that I haven't shot him and ended up in jail is the plus side of that relationship) and after paying $350 for work on Aurora roof - it still has a leak - not as bad as before, but still leaking. There's more.....but even I don't want to talk anymore about any of it......I'm mentioning this because in spite of all these "trials" , my cousin had me chuckling in agreement at the email he sent about the Importance of Walking. Maybe it will brighten your day, too.
The Importance of Walking
  • I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
  • Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old
    to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $7000 per month.
  • The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
  • My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60.
    Now he's 97 years old and we don't know where he is.
  • I have to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing..
  • I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound.
    Apparently you have to go there.
  • Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
    I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
  • I do have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.
  • The advantage of exercising every day is so when you die, they'll say,
    'Well, she looks good doesn't she.'
  • I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years. . .exercise getting over the hill.
  • We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • Every time I start thinking too much about how I look, I just find a Happy Hour
    and by the time I leave, I look just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment