Search This Blog

1/23/09

Lunch of Chicken Crescent Rolls


Although chicken is not one of my favorite meals, this is good. Probably because of the cream cheese and crescent rolls. I also like to bake mine in an iron skillet. Here's the recipie I use for chicken/crescent rolls:


4 cups diced cooked chicken (I use two of the small canned white meat chicken from Aldis, only $1 per can)
6 oz cream cheese
2 T butter, softened
4 tbs milk
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 tbs minced onion
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 Tbsp melted butter

Preparation:

Mix the softened cream cheese, milk and softened butter together and beat until smooth. Add the cooked diced chicken, finely chopped celery, minced onion, salt and pepper. Mix well, then set aside. Separate each can of the crescent dough into 4 rectangles. (Do not separate it into 8 triangles as directed on the can for dinner rolls. Press the extra perforations together to seal.) Spoon about one half cup of the cream cheese/chicken mixture on to the center of each piece of dough. Fold in half over the chicken. Pinch the edges of the dough together to weal. Place the filled pockets on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush the top of the dough with the melted butter. Bake in a preheated oven at 35o degreee for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 chicken pockets.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am certainly going to try this -- thanks for sharing -- I think I could eat chicken 3 times a day every day! I think I need to start shopping at Aldi's.

    ReplyDelete