Search This Blog

2/8/16

My Friend's Lime Chicken and Some Frozen Treats

February 8, 2016 Monday - In Indianapolis, we have Trader Joe's grocery,  with innovative, hard-to-find, great-tasting foods under the “Trader Joe’s” name. For example, this package of Linguine with Pesto and Tomatoes is something I really liked. When I opened it I found these little nests with a dab of sauce and little tomatoes. Quite tasty!  I am also looking forward to trying the 5 cheese Greek Spiral shown at right.   Trader Joe's carries an interesting line of beauty products, oils, teas, soaps, etc.   Their Oatmeal Dunkers are quite popular, too.  In case I get the urge to cook, I am adding the baked chicken dish below to my blog.  It was given to me by a friend who is a very good cook. 

Baked Lime Chicken:  person who taught me to make it used a whole cut up chicken, but I would use several similarly sized pieces. Line a 9-13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay chicken pieces in the pan. Lay rings of sweet onion over chicken as well as two or three garlic cloves cut up. Depending on how many pieces of chicken, halve 2 or 3 limes and squeeze over chicken. Lay the limes in the pan among the chicken pieces. Marinate for several hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously dot chicken with butter. Bake for about two hours. I know that seems like a long time but it works. If you use legs you might shorten the time some.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment