Search This Blog

5/4/09

Survivor. . . . .




I found this lonely asparagus growing at the edge of the garden. I had about a dozen plants and told one of the neighbors to take them. For 2 years the plants were spindly, nothing happening plants. They took up a lot of room and you weren't able to hoe or dig around them. The whole corner of the garden where they resided was a messy looking affair. They didn't even yield enough asparagus spears for a good mouthful. . . . then this guy. If they had done that before I would have given them one more year. . . . . .

MOWER UPDATE: I lucked out on the mower. Of course, it didn't start when I went out in the morning; however, as I was jiggling the charger cable I noticed how corroded the positive terminal was. As I went to clean it, the whole side of the part that fits over the post broke off. I bought a new one to replace the broken one, attached it, and the Green Machine fired up. YEAH!!!!! Fixed for under $4.00. Now, I have an old riding mower that is sputtering - going to try spark plugs, but I did that last year - surely it doesn't need plugs again! And, actually it sounds more like not getting gas????? Gas has made it to the fuel filter, so maybe the plugs will bring it to life. Besides, that's about all the mechanical stuff I know. Then, on to try the weedeaters! Surely something besides my push mower has survived the winter without a breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment