Search This Blog

4/29/17

4/30/2017 - Profile pictures............Ebay, Artfire, Etsy

4/30/2017 -  I found this picture in an old car magazine and thought it was kind of cool.  I wonder if there is some kind of law prohibiting me from using this as my profile picture?  I see people posting and selling patterns from old magazines (crochet and knit).  There is probably some time restriction.  I tried to research it but the actual law, etc is a little cloudy to me. Since I find myself listing old stuff and a lot of it automobile related, to the left is what may be my new EBay profile pic:  Mona Lisa in auto goggles, driving cap and holding a wrench.

The photo I use for my Atfire site is a picture of my paternal grandmother.  It makes me smile every time I think of her.  I am a charter member of Artfire but thinking of dropping my account ----- nothing ever shows in searches other than if you are already on and using Artfire (most people are not aware of it --- all know about Etsy).  That means I don't sell much there because no one sees it.  Of course, Artfire has options available, if you are willing to PAY MORE, that will put your shop in the search listings more prominently.  My solution ---- I may soon be switching to Etsy.......haven't gotten that done yet. 

I am spending a lot of time recently trying to sell things from the barn........If I made it to 150 years old, it wouldn't be long enough to online sell that stuff!  I have realized Ebay is kind of a hard sell, too.  For example, if you do a search for a vintage dress, Ebay says there are 725,000 listed!  It could be awhile before anyone sees mine!  But, I am learning some tricks to getting your things seen.  Also how important it is not to give up!

On the subject of photos, I have one other photo that I use currently as my avatar on Ebay.   It is an old cabinet photo of a true gypsy, tambourine and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment