Search This Blog

8/29/15

Bees Wax and Water

8-28-15  - My attempt to make a Freckle Cream Lotion per Lewelllyn's 2000 Almanac was a failure.  My wax and water did NOT mix.  I guess there is more to it than "Blend the herbal infusion into the cocoa butter."  Note: I used bees wax because the directions said cocoa butter or bees wax.  Now, I have the pleasure of cleaning up this mess of bees wax covered utensils.  I read that baking soda helps.  I think I will heat water, take stuff outside and pour the water with hopes it melts the wax.  I really don't want this stuff down my water drains. 
Here is the recipe I tried:

Freckle Lotion
Use this lotion to fade brown spots and freckles.  Apply morning and night.  Allow to dry before applying a moisturizer.
 
1 cup water
2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves
2 Tbsp fresh dandelion leaves
2 Tbsp cocoa butter or bees wax
1 vitamin E 400 I.U. capsule

3 drops lemongrass essential oil
 
Boil water in a small sauce pan.  Remove from heat.  Add parsley leaves and dandelion leaves.  Steep 15 minutes, covered Strain to remove all particles.  Melt cocoa butter or bees wax in a double boileror microwave.  Squeee the vitamin capsule into the coco butter.  Blend the herbal infusion into the cocoa butter.  Blend at high speed for 1 minute with a hand blender.  Add essential oil.  Spoon into a wide-mouth jar with a screw-top lid.  Store at room temperature. 
VARIATION:  Substitute 2 tablespoons of marigold or evening primrose flowers for 2 tablespoons of dandelion leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment