Search This Blog

11/29/11

Plumbing 101

Well, still no word back about a buyer for Aurora property. Meanwhile, back at the farm......

I got to practice my plumbing skills. I noticed a leak under the kitchen sink at the apartment. I tightened and tightened the drain pipes only to find out there was a small problem with one of the pies......a hole! So, I figured since this job was turning into a little more plumbing than I had anticipated, I would just replace the bad sink baskets, too.



When I finally realized those suckers were NOT coming out....even solicited the opinion of a neighbor....my next step was a new sink. Fortunately the same neighbor who concurred the old one was not letting go of those sink baskets, also volunteered to give me an old sink he had at his place. One sliced thumb and three trips to Mennard's leaves me with a repaired sink and new sink baskets. I'm calling it quits here even though I noticed there are NO shutoffs under this sink! Too bad! I am done plumbing!

2 comments:

  1. A lot of customers are seeking plumbing assistance, as property resale value, unexpected clogs, pipe damage and many others are popular issues. There are several tips on how to approach choosing a perfect plumber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much like with a computer system (a sound card, for example), plumbing has input and output pieces. The input is your water coming in. Cold water is pumped under enough pressure to travel to your floor, and in through a faucet. Warm water, on the other hand, first has to go through a water heater. The optimal heating temperature that's been proven to be cost-effective and warm enough for most appliances like dishwashers is 120 degrees Fahrenheit (certain fixtures like laundry machines, for example, might require temperatures around 150 degrees for optimal performance). If you're planning the piping in a building that's located in an area where you know your water supplier will provide "hard" water - which is water that can leave mineral buildup on the piping - you might want to stick with non-corrosive materials. Copper and galvanized steal, as well as brass or wrought iron are good examples. Pipes with smaller diameters are prone to affecting the performance of your fixtures the most.

    Read here for more stories and tips

    ReplyDelete